The 2020 Cyber Safety Wage Survey was a web based survey printed in The Hacker Information and created to supply perception into particulars associated to cyber safety compensation.
There have been greater than 1,500 safety professionals who accomplished the survey. At present you possibly can entry the aggregated and analyzed 2020 Cyber Safety Wage survey outcomes and get details about the principle classes and elements of present Cyber Safety Wage.
The info obtained enabled the survey operators to create an in depth wage profile for 5 safety positions: safety analyst/risk intelligence specialist, safety/cloud safety architect, penetration tester and safety director/supervisor.
This profile consists of the vary and construction of pay for these positions, in addition to the relative influence of organizational (geographic location, business, and so forth.) and private (gender, expertise, certification) elements.
Utilizing the survey outcomes (obtain right here), one can go to the part related to their position and find out how their wage is benchmarked in opposition to the related vary and elements after which use this information to make any determination. Do it in taking which incorporates the compensation side.
As well as, the collected knowledge validated and disproved some earlier assumptions relating to the relative weight of things comparable to geographic location, certification, and others. Here is an assortment of fascinating ones:
- Geolocation issues. Safety analysts at NAM obtain considerably larger salaries than their counterparts in EMEA and APAC, with greater than 80% incomes between 71K and 110K, versus lower than 35% in EMEA and 21% in APAC.
- The diploma doesn’t assure excessive compensation. All of the analyzed positions function equal pay vary distribution for each workers with or with out a diploma in laptop science or associated engineering.
- Main Banking & Finance with Cost Vary and distribution to each administration and particular person contribution positions.
- High quality beats expertise. Surprisingly, in all of the positions analyzed we discovered each people with much less expertise on the prime of the pay curve and skilled veterans on the backside of it.
- Pivoting pays off. People who transfer from an IT place to a cyber safety place earn greater than their friends who began in cyber safety.
- Bonuses are frequent. Apart from safety analysts, all different positions function periodic bonuses with annual 1%-10% because the dominant sample.
- It’s troublesome to search out ladies. There’s a extreme scarcity of ladies in safety positions. The best proportion is within the 20-29 age group, with 6% within the general positions.
- Girls in Administration. Throughout the 5 positions analysed, the place of Director/Supervisor of Safety was discovered to have the very best proportion of ladies at 10%.
So learn the survey outcomes, discover out what your pay charges are like, and be happy to discover the outcomes to achieve your individual perception!
Obtain 2020 Cyber Safety Wage Survey Consequence 2020 right here.